Name:
Location: Vidor, Texas, United States

I have been in Sales, Sales Management and Marketing for for the last 45 years. I have helped hundreds maybe even thousands of sales people to more productive lives and outstanding success.

Thursday, January 02, 2014

Getting Your Work Day Organized

In order to get your work day organized you must normally begin the preceding day. If you set down with pin and paper or with your lap top you can make a list of all of the things you intend to do tomorrow. As it is normal for a person to want to put off things until tomorrow you will find it is very easy to make a list for tomorrow.

    Depending on where you are in your life you most likely will have to include some items from your home life as well as all of the things you need to get done in your work life.

    You can keep your two lives separate but in my case I always did about as much work at home as I did in the field as far as earning a living was concerned so I just combined the two. The reason I did this was because I had to earn a good living in order to even have a decent home life and on the other hand I had to have a happy home life in order to have a clear head when I went to work in the morning.

    So what I am saying, is your circumstances will determine your daily organizational duties.  All of the things I am about to tell you I learned at a very early age. I had my first management positions starting when I was twenty-two years of age. I was quite green as I started managing and training people. But I did catch on rather quickly and I had excellent teachers.

    My first management jobs were teaching new people how to sell encyclopedias and make a great living at it. I found that getting my life organized and well prepared to do the next days work was the only way I could excel at doing a great job the next day.. So getting organized is one of the things I taught all of my students day one and I must say to my knowledge they all did very well later on in life as a result of my training.

    To start off with, it takes three things to really get your act together.

    First off you have to have an open mind and a determined heart in order to get at the idea of getting things done. So work on your attitude and get really positive about making a list of things that you will absolutely, positively and without any doubt get done tomorrow. Read your list over several times before you go to bed and you will find you will be ready to get with it the following morning.

    Second, the next day take your list of things to do and sit down and read it over again the first thing in the morning. Double check your plans and make sure you have the phone numbers you will need as well as any maps, tools, special reports are other materials you will be needing, to be able to accomplish all of your tasks for the day.
   
    Also remember, some of the things on your list may well be home chores that have to be accomplished as well. So you may need to do a few things like make sure you have gas for the lawn mower or washing powder, things like that.

    But what ever jobs, chores and tasks you have on the list make sure you have all of the tools and supplies necessary to do the different jobs.

    Now the third thing is this. When you finish the list that afternoon and have everything hopefully checked off as done, it is time to start a new list of what you need to get done tomorrow. So carefully think over what needs to be done tomorrow and put all of the items you feel you can get done on the next day’s list.

    Be sure and read the completed list over several times before bedtime as this will enable your subconscious mind to be aware of what needs to be done and believe me your subconscious mind is a terrific manager.  You will find that your subconscious mind will with out a doubt make sure you get everything possible done the following day with out too much stress on your part.

    So there you have it in three simple steps, which is the easiest way I know of, to get your day organized and possibly increase your productivity by as much as three hundred percent in a lot of cases, as some people have told me in the past. Remember to stay positive and you will succeed. Good Luck and God speed.

Billy Jack Gibson
Better known as The Selling Fool

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home