Name:
Location: Vidor, Texas, United States

I have been in Sales, Sales Management and Marketing for for the last 45 years. I have helped hundreds maybe even thousands of sales people to more productive lives and outstanding success.

Monday, December 21, 2009

Frugality A Sign of the Times

Becoming frugal is a sign of the times. True the economy is improving and most of us are now getting our lives back together but living during the last few years of the recession has taught most of us how to get more bang for our buck than we are used to doing.

You may be going on line and printing out coupons for the items you need at the grocery store this week. True this may not be a lot of savings but you should still save enough to buy a couple of gallons of gas so the trip to the store would be much less.

You can also go online and purchase some of your bigger purchases and if the shipping is free and in most cases tax free as well this could add up to some real savings.

Even if you do not buy on line you could still get a better idea of the prices you should be paying when you go to the local brick and mortar store.

I purchase a lot of items on line as it saves me a trip to town and most of the time due to the fact that we live in a small town the items we want are not available anyway.

Your computer if it is like mine is just in the next room anyway so it might as well be paying for it self by making it possible for you to save a little money.

There are some other ways you could benefit especially if you live in an area where some of the local plants have closed and you live close to some of your close friends and co-workers.

In this situation if you and your friends have similar taste you could get together and go to some of the large box stores and buy produce and meats in bulk to get a lower price and then split the bill and the items you bought.

This is a good way for several families to buy the normal house hold goods and save considerable money.

At our home we cook ahead and cook enough for several meals and then freeze the left over’s for another meal to be eaten in a week or so.

It saves a lot of ware and tare on my wife and also saves us a great deal of money.

When my wife and I go out to eat we find at most restaurants now days the portions are so large that we can take home enough for another meal the next day.

I switched over to florescent bulbs when they first became available. As a result I do find a noticeable reduction in our electric bills from doing this so the more efficient lighting does save us a great deal of money.

Two other things my wife and I do religiously is eat before you go grocery shopping and always make a list of what you need to reduce impulse shopping.

You can save a few thousand dollars a year if you just do those two things.

My main Website covers the how to’s of Salesmanship but I felt it is necessary to get people to thinking about how to save money especially if you are a salesperson having a difficult time in today’s economy.

I have been poor but never broke as the saying goes so I know what a lot of people in the selling profession have to go through.

I learned early to never spend all you got and that habit has helped me to weather every storm I came up on.

So get in the habit of saving money and putting a little aside each and every pay day because you will wind up needing it when you least expect it.

By keeping my budget where it needs to be I really have not had too much trouble being able to put more money in the bank than I needed to pay my bills.

I do live debt free and that is a great feeling in itself.

You can come to my Website to find out more and better ways to make sales and just live better in general.

Thank you,

Billy J Gibson
Thesellingfoolbjg@yahoo.com
http://www.thesellingfool.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home